Saturday, April 4, 2009

Some of my Favorite Things (2)

f
One of the most often used cooking pots in my house is my "Le Crueuset" pot. The Le Crueset company calls it a "French Oven". It comes in a variety of colors, mine is blue. My girls refer to it as the 'big blue pot". It weighs more than any turkey I've ever made, but it is the greatest pot around. I use it regularly on the stovetop for soups and sauces. It's also great as a casserole dish or a roaster.

I like it as a roaster because you can braise the meat in it, then put it in the oven directly. If you make gravy, you can take it out of the oven and put it back on the stovetop and all the little bits from the braising are still there, making your gravy especially flavorful. One less pot to clean at the end of the evening - just what I like!

If you shop at Winner's or Home Sense, you can sometimes find them at great prices. I bought mine at Canadian Tire. I got an incredible deal on it a few years back and I'm now sorry I didn't buy two! They are a little costly, but the amount of use you get from it will make the investment worthwhile. This is definitely a pot that will last a lifetime. Not only that, every time you use it, it's like a weight training work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment