Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Five Minute Prep Recipe


Now that I've told you about my favorite cooking vessel, I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes I make, using it. Blade Roast is not very glamorous or gourmet, and since you use an inexpensive cut of meat, it is very economical. Still, this recipe is impressive enough to serve to guests. The ingredients are simple and basic, the results are spectacular! I really like to serve it with boiled baby potatoes with butter and parsley and roasted asparagus.

5 Ingredient Pot Roast

1 blade roast or chuck roast
5-6 onions, sliced
2 teaspoons of all-spice
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Preheat over to 375F

Place roast in a roaster that has a tight fitting lid. Sprinkle with all-spice and pepper. Place sliced onions over roast, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.

Cover, put it oven. Cook about 20 minutes per pound. Do not uncover during the cooking process. I serve the meat just with the onions and the liquid that is in the pot. It can be served with your favorite gravy also.

Allow 1/2 pound per person

No comments:

Post a Comment