Monday, September 7, 2015

Crispy Fish Tacos

Back at it again

Now that the kids are both gone, it seems like a good time to restart my blog.

Last night for supper I made crispy fish tacos.  The coating on the fish was perfect and super crunchy, just the way I like it.  I topper them off with a slaw made with a touch of lime and cilantro.  Oh and of course chipolte  mayo.

SLAW

2 cups of shredded cabbage, I used some from a bag because I never you the whole cabbage and I end up throwing out the leftovers.
1 small onion thinly sliced
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup of mayonnaise
Juice of one lime
1/4 cut chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients  together at least an hour before you're ready to eat. Refrigerate  until ready to use.

FISH

1 pound of your favorite  type of fish (I used cod)
1 cup of cornmeal
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon chili
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of milk

Mix the first 5 ingredients  in a shallow bowl or pie plate
Mix egg and milk in another shallow dish

Cut fish into strip or chunks, place fish and flour in a bax, shake to coat fish with flour. Dip coated fish in egg then into cornmeal.  Fry in about 1 inch of oil, about 4 minutes per side until fish is cooked through.

Place fish, slaw and Chipotle  mayo on tortillas and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment