Saturday, March 21, 2009

Some of My Favorite Things


Part One

I figure if Oprah does it, so can I! One of my favorite things in my kitchen right now is my Keurig Coffee Brewer. If you have never heard of this, I'll explain it to you.
It brews a single cup of coffee in about 90 seconds. The coffee comes in a K-Cup, which actually looks like an extra large creamer. You place the K-Cup in the machine, it heats the water to 192F in about 45 seconds, then it forces the hot water through the K-Cup and out into your cup.

There all kinds of coffees and teas available. I like regular coffee, like Sumatra or Moka Java. But if you like flavored coffees, they have those too. There is different varieties of tea available, as well as hot chocolate.

My girls bought the brewer for me this past Christmas. I think they wanted me to have it because I drove them crazy obsessing about it. It is one of the few kitchen appliances that my husband uses regularly.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh...the beloved keurig. So beautiful it almost whispers your name. No one would ever believe all the research that went into this purchase (o.k., so we were at work doing this research, lol). And then...when the purchase came, it was like it drifted from Heaven, lol.

    Love the keurig!

    ReplyDelete